Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Long Absence, Draft Thoughts

Apologies for the long absence, I was unable to write anything for the past 6 weeks or so due to the loss of almost all of my free time. As we get closer to summer, more free time should make itself apparent to me, so I hope to write more.

It's funny, the Chris Polk news. I wrote the Polk analysis prior to Free Agency, and highlighted a shift towards a possible "power spread" offense, spearheaded by a physical, downhill runner or two. Fast forward 6 weeks, and Chris Polk is a member of the Texans. Chip wanted downhill runners, clearly. My thinking was spot on in regards to that. As to said downhill runners being reigning rushing champion DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews? Wouldn't have guessed that if given 10 chances.

The draft is tomorrow evening, and I hope to write up some analysis on whoever gets their name called to be an Eagle. I have absolutely no idea where their headed in this draft, and that's pretty exciting. We're all just along for the ride. If I had to guess, I think Chip's plan A is to go after Marcus Mariota. I truly believe he will do what he can to move up for him. There is a chance the cards don't fall right, and Chip may be left without that option. In that case, a few names make sense to me at 20.

  • Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami
  • Byron Jones, CB/S, UConn
  • Stephone Anthony, LB, Clemson
  • Jake Fisher, OL, Oregon

Given my propensity for knowing what Chip's doing, I expect us to trade 10 years of first round picks to move up to 2 and draft Ereck Flowers.

Goodness I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment