Sunday, May 3, 2015

Draft Wrap Up

The Eagles finished out their draft this afternoon with the selection of Boston College DE Brian Mihalik. At 6'9", 300 lbs, and the 2nd highest SPARQ score for a DT in this draft, he is an interesting project worth keeping an eye on.

In the 6th we snagged two corners within a few picks of one another, CB JaCorey Shepherd and CB Randall Evans, from Kansas and Kansas St, respectively. I have watched film on Shepherd and came away quite impressed, I haven't watched anything on Evans. I'm excited to dig in a little bit and see what we're working with. I'm optimistic with these two guys, particularly Shepherd. I have read a few raving reviews and hope they can contribute something to the defensive backfield. Everyone knows we needed an infusion of talent back there by the end of last season, I think Chip has taken some decent steps towards improvement there.


In the 2nd and 3rd rounds we picked up CB Eric Rowe out of Utah and ILB Jordan Hicks from Texas. I have done absolutely no homework on Hicks, so I'll get back to you on him, but I like Rowe quite a bit. He is a CB/S hybrid who has played both and has the size and skills for both. Personally, I see Rowe as more of a safety, but I will watch more film before I get married to either option.

Over the next few weeks I'll do comprehensive film studies on all of our picks and possibly on a few of the UDFA's we signed.

Stay tuned! Also, here's a nice teaser of things to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment